Re: OWNERS AGM - JBRRAssociation

Postby nickjames » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Are there any meeting minutes from this? Unfortunately I couldn't make it there
nickjames
Frequent User

RSS

Postby iur20 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:51 am

Hashim Al Dabal, chairman of Dubai Properties, has been arrested on suspicion of embezzlement at the company, the emirate’s attorney general confirmed on Friday.

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/572037-d ... n-arrested

NOW I KNOW WHERE OUR SC MONEY WENT!!!!
TO JBRA and all owners we need completion of an external audit for the last financial years !!!!
iur20
New

RSS

Postby Sal1 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:50 am

If you want to understand the tricks used to over charge for SC's
Read this:
http://www.service-charge.co.uk/tricks.html

We are not considered by Dubai Properties as owners and this document explains their tactics
Sal1
Senior Resident

RSS

Postby hantech » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Guys from JBRRA , how to contact you? I send email, but there is no reply for one week. Does anybody can get contacts for JBRRA? I live in Amwaj4, tried also contact representative, but have the same result.
hantech
New

RSS

Postby britpak1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 pm

Any progress on this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
britpak1
Forum Resident

RSS

Postby Hotchillipepper » Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 am

Owners association is making progress but like everything it will take Salwna and DP some time to realize the situation and the benefits they will have from a close cooperation with owners. Owners want to improve the situation long term. DP employees see the short term benefits and dont care much about long term. This was the situation till now but we still think they are changing their strategy. Due to the change in management they ar now more focused in cleaning their own mess created by incompetent management and many wrong decision. JBRRA has now some tower dedicated reps and we drafted a leter for the actual management.
Hotchillipepper
Senior Resident

RSS

Postby britpak1 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Hotchillipepper wrote:Owners association is making progress but like everything it will take Salwna and DP some time to realize the situation and the benefits they will have from a close cooperation with owners. Owners want to improve the situation long term. DP employees see the short term benefits and dont care much about long term. This was the situation till now but we still think they are changing their strategy. Due to the change in management they ar now more focused in cleaning their own mess created by incompetent management and many wrong decision. JBRRA has now some tower dedicated reps and we drafted a leter for the actual management.

Thank you for the update. We need to keep up the good work and put more pressure on DP to resolve this dispute.
britpak1
Forum Resident

RSS

Postby vijayanlawrence » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:40 am

Please advise joining formalities. Owner- Rimal .
vijayanlawrence
New

RSS

Postby britpak1 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:41 pm

vijayanlawrence wrote:Please advise joining formalities. Owner- Rimal .

Hello, Please send your Full Name, Apartment address, email address and mobile to email address:-

jbr_residence_association@hotmail.com
britpak1
Forum Resident

RSS

Postby RezaKhalili » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:32 pm

Hi There,

I'm Reza and just learned about this forum and some activities in regards with our issues.

I would love to be of any help to make our situation a bit better. My 3 Bedroom smells terrible half of the year through the building ducts and some other problems of which the Building Charges of 40,000/- /Yr hurts the most.

Sorry i dont even know your name but will you please fill me in?

Thanks,
Reza
Murjan 6 / Apt 804

ps. I'm not living at JBR right now because of said issues but i still own an apartment and ready to help.
RezaKhalili
New

RSS

Postby Sal1 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:10 pm

britpak1 wrote:
Hotchillipepper wrote:Owners association is making progress but like everything it will take Salwna and DP some time to realize the situation and the benefits they will have from a close cooperation with owners. Owners want to improve the situation long term. DP employees see the short term benefits and dont care much about long term. This was the situation till now but we still think they are changing their strategy. Due to the change in management they ar now more focused in cleaning their own mess created by incompetent management and many wrong decision. JBRRA has now some tower dedicated reps and we drafted a leter for the actual management.

Thank you for the update. We need to keep up the good work and put more pressure on DP to resolve this dispute.

Has Dubai Properties or Salwan provided the books on what they did with our money for the last 3 years?
Are they ready to be honest with owners?

Will they complete this project with the missing important items like Gyms, Beach park, remove from parking these smelly exhausts that pollute the place?
Will Dubai Municipality implement Duubai Laws in JBR?
many topics open

I am sure that Dubai Proeprties and Salwan are playing with time and gave something to avoid RERA penalties but they are not ready to give up on the abuses. Time has proven me right till now.
Sal1
Senior Resident

RSS

Postby ralphrau » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 pm

I am an owner at Uptown Motor City developed by Union Properties. Union Properties is a major local developer controlled by Emirates Bank.

I am one of the first occupants since April-09. Till today Union Properties have neither provided any accounts nor any budget.

At the first owners meeting in Apr-09, we were given vague information like "Our service charges are in line with charges at other developments in Dubai"...what is that supposed to mean?

The Sales Purchase Agreement, the Constitution and the Strata Law all say that budgets and accounts must be provided. I should add that these accounts should be subject to scrutiny by an independent Owners Association before being voted on at the AGM.

I am not aware of any transparent budgets and accounts from EMAAR Properties either. The 2010 Arabian Ranches budget is published but is quite vague.

So whether it is Dubai Properties or Nakheel or Emaar or Union Properties the lack of transparent budgets and accounts is more or less the same at this point in time.

We all look forward to fair treatment as freehold owners. Freehold rights must offer more than mere time share ownership privileges.
ralphrau
New

RSS

Postby AdamB » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:38 pm

britpak1 wrote:
vijayanlawrence wrote:Please advise joining formalities. Owner- Rimal .

Hello, Please send your Full Name, Apartment address, email address and mobile to email address:-

jbr_residence_association@hotmail.com

Tried sending email to this address but it bounced with the message that I do not have permission to send to this recipient??????
AdamB
New

RSS

Postby Hotchillipepper » Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:51 pm

Dear all,
Please note that AGM to elect INTERIM OA BOARD is ongoing. The following sectors are covered.
- Murjan: all
- Sadaf: all except Sadaf2 due to15% quorum not reached. Owners in Sadaf2 need to eithr attend the next meeting or send proxys to Tower representatives.

Next in the pipeline:
- Bahar
- Rimal
- Amwaj
- Shams

Owners till have the time to be present or send proxy's.

DP is presenting them selfs to be part of the board. "They want to protect their interest" in the building and Garage.
It is important to have owners in boards if you want to be heard.
We asked for for the AGM, audited accounts and better services since 2008, now we do have an opportunity and should not miss it.

Remember: DP expressed their intention to remove what was supposed to be our beach park and beach clubs areas from the Master Community Drawing which is a serious modification to all JBR project.
We do not know what are DP real intentions for that part of the project and we should make sure it is not going to impact our properties value.
You can only have a say and protect your interest if you do vote.
Hotchillipepper
Senior Resident

RSS

Postby Dids » Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:38 pm

Last edited by Dids on Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dids
New

RSS

PreviousNext

Return to Resident Issues