car park where beach park should be!

Share Resident related issues with other ones

Moderators: Martini, bananamilkshake

Beach Club

Postby AMBREEN » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:04 pm

Hi, Does anyone know when is free access beach club is to be ready?

Also, I am keen to know if it is going to be behind RIMAL Towers?
AMBREEN
Frequent User

RSS

Postby Murjanian » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:40 am

Well, I am not very optimistic about the beach club being free... Rumors are that there will be a membership fee...
Murjanian
New

RSS

Postby was2103 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:28 am

there is one beach front garden (500,000 SQFT) that will have an entrance fee for all except JBR residents. this is located in front of the Rimal block. Construction has not yet started which sucks after being here for 7 months already. But on the up side they say it wont take long to build because all the buildings are small.

There are 2 or 3 beach clubs between the hotels which will require membership. No Idea when these start or finish. I think this is the same answer the developer will give you.
Any dictator would admire the uniformity and obedience of the [U.S.] media.
Noam Chomsky
was2103

RSS

Postby Princess Banana Hammock » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:36 pm

I find the idea of the beach club really interesting. If you take a look at the plans and then look at the distance between the buildings and the road, it doesn't look like there's even enough room for a beach club with all these landscaped gardens!!! Well, at least not in the shams sector anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the idea altogether!
Princess Banana Hammock
Forum Resident

RSS

Postby hellotree » Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:58 pm

Hi All,

Long team reader first time writer, I have been living in Murjan 1 JBR for about 2 months. I commonly use the private beach outside the sales centre. Last weekend they asked for my name and details- I think they are doing a survey to see who uses it.

I can't see them building a beach club for long time
hellotree
New

RSS

Postby Princess Banana Hammock » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:05 pm

Except the beach isn't private yet!

Heard of people being asked if they're residents or not before in the Shams section but I've been down to the beach on several occasions and never been stopped or asked.

To be continued...
Princess Banana Hammock
Forum Resident

RSS

Postby ShamsDude » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:41 pm

"... find the idea of the beach club really interesting. If you take a look at the plans and then look at the distance between the buildings and the road, it doesn't look like there's even enough room for a beach club with all these landscaped gardens!!! Well, at least not in the shams sector anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they scrapped the idea altogether!"

The beach club that is free for JBR residents will not be in front of shams - it will be in front of rimal...
ShamsDude
Forum Resident

RSS

Postby jadek » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:10 pm

Im using the beach at the sales office and enjoying it very much. only problem is that it is long walk to the bathroom and you cant walk throuh the sales center without shoes and a shirt.
jadek
New

RSS

Postby SquirrelGirl » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:42 am

When I call JBR they told me there was no longer going to be a beach club because they had sold the land and that access was to be granted through Hotel memberships. I just called again to confirm this and was told that there would be 4 hotel beach clubs and that JBR residents would have to pay for membership but would be entitled to discounts.
SquirrelGirl
New

RSS

Postby selder1977 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:22 am

Oh dear!! That is not good!
selder1977
New

RSS

Postby ShamsDude » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:02 pm

I believe the rumour about the beach park being sold is false ....
ShamsDude
Forum Resident

RSS

Postby selder1977 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 3:27 pm

Hopefully it is!

You know what though, it is rediculous with all the communitication media at our (and Dubai Properties) disposal that they cannot give us any firm details of there plans. It just smacks of them not giving a F&ck what the people who have paid there wages (ie us) think or say.

Common courtesy would be to inform the residents what the hell is going on instead you just get Bullsh&t emails from the... ahem 'customer services' department. Customer services my arse!!!

Here endeth my sermon, i can feel another email to DP coming on!
selder1977
New

RSS

car park where beach park should be!

Postby ShamsDude » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:30 pm

the workers down on the area where they are flattening the ground in front of Amwaj say that they are building a car park. They said they are just about to tarmac it! This is right where DP promised the beach park.

Please wrte in to someone in Dubai Properties. My recommedation is the CEO, Mohamed.Binbrek@dubai-properties.ae.

Your letter doesn't need to say much. Just somethign along the lines of:

Dear Mr. Binbrek,

I want to draw your attention to what is happening at Jumeirah Beach Residence. An area that was promsied to the Jumeirah Beach Community residents is now being turned into a car park. The propsed car park will be taraced eysore right between the apartments of JBR and the beach. I know you have sold all the apartments at JBR and on a shrt term view, perhaps don't care what happens to JBR now. However, I ure you to consider the longer term consequences of your actions. The land you are turning into a car park is right on the beach. Photos of JBR for years to come will show a black tarmac car park right next to the buildings of JBR. Your marketing photos will be ruined. This will have a long term impact upon the brand of Dubai Properties, a brand that once lost will take much more time and money to regain...

Sincerely,

ShamsDude
Forum Resident

RSS

Re: car park where beach park should be!

Postby isjbrforme » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:59 pm

read my other posts. some people do not or do not waht to listen but on the other hand if it is to be a car park and stps the prats driving along the beach putting lives in danger then it is a better option than more high rise buildings, BUT THERE WILL BE NO BEACH CLUB
There are no mistakes in life just lessons
isjbrforme
Forum Resident

RSS

Re: car park where beach park should be!

Postby isjbrforme » Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:02 pm

By the way will everyone wake up NO ONE GIVES A TOSS OF WHAT WAS SAID WHEN THE PROPERTIES WERE SOLD THEY CHANGE THEIR MIND AND DONT CARE
As my posts before there is an 11kv sub station built now on the sand and whatever happens will happen out futile attempts will go un noticed.
There are no mistakes in life just lessons
isjbrforme
Forum Resident

RSS

Next

Return to Resident Issues